Topic:

Good afternoon,I am looking for resources regarding asynchronous visits (e-visits/MyChart visits) conducted through a patient portal. I am aware of the CPT codes 99421 – 99423 and their definitions. My question centers around the established patient designation and the typical set-up of e-visits for a health system. Patient e-visits are not always answered by their PCP office. If the health system is using a central pool of providers not connected to a particular practice to conduct e-visits, do these codes apply and could the patient be considered established if they have a PCP within the health system?Thank you.

Forums State-North Carolina Good afternoon,I am looking for resources regarding asynchronous visits (e-visits/MyChart visits) conducted through a patient portal. I am aware of the CPT codes 99421 – 99423 and their definitions. My question centers around the established patient designation and the typical set-up of e-visits for a health system. Patient e-visits are not always answered by their PCP office. If the health system is using a central pool of providers not connected to a particular practice to conduct e-visits, do these codes apply and could the patient be considered established if they have a PCP within the health system?Thank you.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.